Railways in India:- The Indian Railways is one of the most important transportation in India. The primary railroad on Indian sub-landmass kept running over a stretch of 21 miles from Bombay to Thane.
The possibility of a railroad to associate Bombay with Thane, Kalyan and with the Thal and Bhore Ghats slants originally struck Mr. George Clark, the Chief Engineer of the Bombay Government, amid a visit to Bhandup in 1843.
INDIAN RAILWAYS, the chief transport association of the nation is the biggest rail organize in Asia and the world’s second biggest under one administration.
- Checkout The List Of Top 10 Fastest Trains In India
Must Known Interesting Facts About Indian Railways
- Indian Railways is the biggest rail line in Asia and the world’s second largest.
- The First train on Indian soil kept running among Bombay and Thane on the sixteenth of April 1853.
- Indian Railways transports practically 2.5 crore travelers daily.
- The New Delhi Railway Station has verified a spot in the Guinness Book of Records for having the world’s biggest Route Relay Interlocking System.
- The longest train route in the Indian Subcontinent is Dibrugarh Kanyakumari Vivek Express.
- Mughalsarai Junction rail line station contains the biggest rail line marshaling yard in Asia.
- Bhopal Shatabdi Express is the quickest train in India,operates between New Delhi and Bhopal Junction.
- Indian Railways is one of the world’s biggest employers proivder with over 1.4 million people.
- The longest name among all stations on the Indian Railway system has Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta railway station.
- The Rajdhani Express trains get the most noteworthy need on the Indian rail line network.
- Gorakhpur Junction rail line station has the world’s longest railroad stage with length of 1,366.33 m.
- Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Double Decker Express is India’s first twofold Decker train.
- Red Ribbon Express is an AIDS/HIV mindfulness crusade train by the Indian Railways, propelled in India on World AIDS Day, December 1, 2007.
- World Heritage locales 4 Indian Railways destinations and 5 Mountain Railways.Samjhuata Express was first worldwide outskirt train in India.
- The Famed Darjeeling toy train, which is as yet running on its indigenous steam motor, was worked by India’s British provincial ace in 1881.
- Indian Railways has 16 zones over a course of 65,808 km with 7,112 stations.
- Indian Railways propelled a mindfulness battle train on World AIDS Day, December 1, 2007, called the Red Ribbon Express.
- Indian Railways has a mascot – Bholu, the Guard Elephant.
- The Trains got toilets after Indian Railways finished around 50 years.
- Train benefits among Nagpur and Ajni, arranged simply 3km separated, structure the briefest route.
- The Railway station of Navapur is worked in 2 states; one portion of it is in Maharashtra and the other half is in Gujarat.
- The IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) site draws near to 12 lakh hits for every minute.
- The Guwahati Thiruvananthapuram Express holds the record for being the most questionable long-remove train on the Indian Railways network.
- Howrah-Amritsar Express has 115 stops, the record greatest for an Express train.
- The Diamond crossing in Nagpur is one-of-its-kind in India, from where trains go East, West, North and South.
- Mathura intersection has the greatest number of courses rising up out of it.
- Indian Railways is a hugely fruitful association running 11,000 train in a day.
- If the tracks of Indian rail lines were to be spread out, they would circle the earth practically 1.5 times.
- Loco-pilots are paid in excess of a normal programming engineer in India.
- Ernakulam HNizamudin Duronto is the longest running Duronto express in Indian Railways.
- The New Delhi Railway Station has the world’s biggest Route Relay Interlocking System.
- The Rail Museum in Delhi is the biggest in Asia.
- Calcutta Metro is the main underground metro rail line framework in India.
- The Delhi Metro is India’s first current metro and offices with most exceptional technologies.
- Mumbai Suburban rail route is the most seasoned rail route arrangement of Asia.
- The Kashmir Railway is the most troublesome rail route line venture of Indian Railways.
- Konkan Railway Train Route is the most lovely train course of Indian Railways.
- The Guwahati Thiruvananthapuram Express holds the record for being the most unreliable long-distance train on the Indian Railways network.
- Ib Railway station of Odisha has the briefest name of all stations on the Indian Railways system.
- Pir Panjal Railway Tunnel is India’s longest railroad burrow with length of 11.215 km in center Himalayas.
- Vembanad Rail Bridge of Kerala is the longest rail connect in India with the all out length of 4.62 km.
- Chenab Bridge will be world’s tallest rail line connect under development in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Ghum Railway station of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the most astounding railroad station in India.
- Howrah is the busiest railroad station in the country train recurrence of 974.
- The Maharaja Express is the most costly extravagance train in India.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is viewed as the most wonderful train station in India.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway a solitary track and just rack and pinion rail framework works in India.
- Trivandrum HNizamuddin Rajdhani Express covers a separation of 528 km without a solitary stop.
- The Fairy Queen between New Delhi and Alwar in Rajasthan is the most seasoned working steam motor in the world.
- Kolkata Metro zone of Indian Railways will run 1,500 ft submerged metro in India under the Hooghly River among Mahakaran and Howrah station.
- The Slowest train in India is the Metupalayam Ooty Nilgiri traveler train.
- Indian Railways is a multi-gauge, multi-traction system as shown in the table below:-
- Indian Railways runs approx 11,000 trains everyday, of which 7,000 are passenger trains
7566 – locomotives 37,840 – Coaching vehicles 222,147 – Freight wagons 6853 – Stations 300 – Yards 2300 – Good sheds 700 – Repair shops 1.54 million – Work force
Make Sure That You Also Read About These Articles Too:-
- Top 10 Best Expressways In India
- List Of 7 Union Territories Of India
- How Many States Are In India?
- Images Of India Map With States
- 15 Amazing Facts About Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir
If you liked this article on Railways in India then please share your views in comment box below and also share this with your friends and family.