India is a country of multi-cultures and religions making which makes India one of the most important tourist destinations in the world. There are many famous places in India to travel with friends and family. Nowadays India is attracting more than lakhs of tourist to travel and several World Heritage Sites. India is one the best attract visitors and here we are going to talk about on several topics likes tourist places in India, best places to visit in India, beautiful places in India, famous places in India list.
Also Read:- Famous Cities In India
Listed below are some of the famous places in India list.
Top Famous Places In India List
- Taj Mahal is in the list of 7 Wonder Of World and is one of the most famous and marvelous buildings in India. It is situated in the city of Agra, It said that Taj Mahal is actually built for remembering of Mumtaz, the wife of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. The building is known for its use of white shine marble and was completed in the mid-17th century.
Ghats In Varanasi
- People used to also call this place as the name of Kashi and Benares, Varanasi situated since the 11th century BC and is known to be the spiritual capital of India. It is also known for Ghats located on the banks of the Ganges River. The Ghats are known to attract a large number of tourists who visit Varanasi.
Corbett National Park In Uttrakhand
- Corbett National Park in Uttrakhand where you can spend the best of your vacation time relaxing in the beauty of nature.
Pangong Lake In Ladakh
- Pangong Lake, Ladakh Located between India and Tibet, Pangong Lake is an attracting lake located in the Himalayas in Ladakh. The lake can be reached within a 4-5 hours’ drive from Leh via the scenic Changla Pass. Pangong Tso is known for its hypnotizing blue waters and flocks of migratory beautiful birds.
Valley of Flowers In Nainital
- The Valley of Flowers is famous for its huge diversity of alpine flowering shrubs located in the western Himalayas. It is a part of the larger Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve in Nainital, Uttarakhand. Valley is covered with snow from October to March, but as the summer arrives, the valley is turned into a palette of colorful flowers.
Jaisalmer Fort In Jaisalmer
- Jaisalmer Fort in Jaisalmer is Located in golden sands of the Thar Desert, it was built by the Bhati Rajput King Rawal Jaisal. It is an important trade center during the medieval era before the popularity of maritime trade centers such as Bombay and Calcutta. Today, it is one of the popular tourist centers in Rajasthan known for its unique Rajput Architecture and scenic beauty.
Ruins of Hampi In Karnataka
- Hampi was the capital of the Vijayanagar Empire and it is also known as one of the richest cities of its time. It is Located on the shores of the Tungabhadra River in Karnataka, Hampi is also in the list of a UNESCO World Heritage Site which is famous for its stone carved structures, built in sharp Dravidian style architecture, temples, and monuments.
Backwaters In Kerala
- The Backwaters of Kerala were mainly used for trade during the older times and are known for their scenic beauty and a rich variety of flora, fauna and marine life.
Old Goa In Goa
- Goa is known for a vast no of beaches which attracts the tourist across the world.
Umaid Bhawan Palace In Jodhpur
- The Umaid Bhawan was built during the 1920’s and it is known as one of the largest private residences in the world. It was built by the 37th Rathore King Umaid Singh.
Jama Masjid In Delhi
- It is also known as ‘Masjid-i-Jahan-Numa’, the Jama Masjid was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the mid-17th century. The mosque is built in a Red Sandstone and marble. It has three gateways, 2 minarets and four towers which gives it a wonderful look.
Akshardham Temple In Delhi
- Akshardham temple was fully built on 6th November 2005, the Akshardham Temple in Delhi is known as one of the major Hindu temples in India. The entire temple is decorated with modern pillars, modern depicting deities, sadhus, and animals along with scenes from the Hindu mythology.
Old Bombay In Mumbai
- The Old Mumbai is known for its historic architecture and various tourist attractions in Mand and also one of the famous places in India list.
Ajanta and Ellora Caves In Aurangabad
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves in Aurangabad are rock made Buddhist caves that were built in date back as far as the 2nd century BC to 800 AD. It mainly consists of rock made monuments dedicated to the ancient Buddhist traditions, while Ellora contains stain Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain monuments and it was built during the Rashtrakuta Empire.
The Golden Temple In Amritsar
- Golden Temple is also named as Harmandir Sahib, The Golden Temple is one of the most visited places for the Sikh community in India. Golden Temple is located in the Pilgrim town of Amritsar in the State of Punjab.
Charminar In Hyderabad
- The Charminar is a historical monument it was built by the Qutub Shahi Dynasty during the late 16th century. Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah who was the ruler of Golkonda built the monument of Hyderabad.
Mahabodhi Temple In Bodh Gaya
- The Mahabodhi Temple is one of the most visited places for the Buddhists tourist as it the place where Lord Buddha received an education. The Mahabodhi Temple is located at a distance of 96 kilometers from Patna.
Meenakshi Amman Temple In Madurai
- Meenakshi Amman Temple is Dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva, Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai is a typical Dravidian style temple, with a prominent Gopuram which reaches almost the 50 meters high. The structure was built during the 17th century and also the temple has existed since ancient times.
Havelock Island In Andamans
- It located in the Andamans at a little distance of 57 kilometers from Port Blair. It is one of the largest islands in the Andamans and is known for its beautiful beaches and white sands. One of the famous places in India list.
Borra Caves In Vishakhapatnam
- The Borra Caves in Vishakhapatnam are one of the deepest cave in India that goes to a depth of 80 meters. The caves are covered by stalagmites and stalactites due to the limestone content in the walls.
So where are you planning from the above famous places in India list tells in the comment section below and also do share this article with your friends and family with whom you are planning to travel. For any feedback and suggestion related to the article tell us in the comment section this will help us to improve and provide the vast variety of information on the topic famous places in India list.