The capital of Uttar Pradesh is Lucknow located on the bank of Gomti River. Lucknow is one of the largest city in Uttar Pradesh with an area of 2,528 square kilometers. The city is headquarters of state government. It is believed that the city derives its name from Lakshman (locally told as Lakhan) younger brother of Lord Rama.
At the end of 16th century, it was gone under the Mughal rulers. The province was ruled by Nawabs who were selected by Mughals. After then Lucknow was captured by East India Company during colonial rule (British Raj). And after the independence of India, Lucknow became the capital city of U.P. Now, the city is known as one of the fastest growing semi-metropolitan cities in India.
In 1920 the rural seat of government had moved from Allahabad to Lucknow. And after Indian independence in 1947, the United rural were reorganized into the state of Uttar Pradesh, and Lucknow same as its capital.
Here we are going to tell you about:-
- Places To Visit In Lucknow
- Tourist Places In Lucknow
- Famous Places In Lucknow
- Things To Do In Lucknow
- Historical Places In Lucknow
The capital of Uttar Pradesh Lucknow also a large of the fine chikan embroidery executed with fine skill on fabrics, sarees, and kurtas.
Area: 2,528 square kilometres
Altitude : 111 Mts(370 ft).
Summer : Max 41.0ºC, Min 22.0ºC.
Winter: Max 33.0ºC, Min 9.0ºC.
Languages spoken : Hindi, Urdu, English.
STD Code: 0522
Famous Places in Lucknow The Capital Of Uttar Pradesh
- Bara Imambara in Lucknow is one of the places to visit in Lucknow which was built by Nawab Asaf-Ud-Daula in 1784 AD. The architecture of this beautiful complex reflects the maturation of ornamented Mughal design, called the Badshahi Mosque.
- In the Capital Of Uttar Pradesh Chhota Imambara is also a major tourist attraction in Lucknow. It was built by Nawab Mohammad Ali Shah in 1838 AD. This palace is also famously called as the Palace of Lights due to its decorations during occasions. Located a big tower just outside the Imambara which is called as Sat khanda tower.
- It was a British colony where more than 3001 people resided. Nowadays it is in ruin but some of the buildings of the Residency still has within its walls, the graves of around 2001 British soldiers who died in the Revolt of 1857.
Shah Najaf Imambara
- Shah Najaf Imambara was built by Nawab Ghazi-ud-din Haidar in 1817. Shah Najaf Imambara is a beautiful white coated structure situated at the bank of river Gomti and near Sahara Ganj Shopping Mall in Lucknow, it is just 1.5 km away from the Capital Of Uttar Pradesh main Hazratganj Market.
- Rumi Darwaza was constructed by Nawab Asaf-ud-daula in 1784 AD. Rumi Gate is one of best examples of the fine architecture of Awadh region. It is also known by the name of Turkish Gateway because its design is very similar to the gateway of ancient Constantinople.
- In the Capital Of Uttar Pradesh Chattar Manzil is also called Umbrella Palace it was constructed by Nawab Ghazi Uddin Haider and completed by the Nawab Nasir Uddin Haider. Chattar Manzil building has large no of underground rooms and a central dome surmounted by a gilt umbrella. Now, this building serves as the Central Drug Research Institute of India.
Jama or Jami Masjid
- Jama or Jami Masjid was built by the Delhi Sultan Ahmed Shah in 1423 AD. The constructions of the building completed with yellow sandstone. Jami Masjid is a very special place for the Muslim community of Lucknow and it gets thousands of devotees during the festival time of Muharram and Eid.
- The Capital Of Uttar Pradesh Lucknow Zoo is in the 71.6-acre zoo located in the middle of the capital city of Uttar Pradesh controlled by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh. The Lucknow Zoo is the residence of 441 mammals and 260 bird species, including the Royal Bengal Tiger, White Tiger, Lion, Himalayan Black Bear, Rhinoceros, Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Pied Hornbill and Silver Pheasant etc.
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Park
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Park is a memorial related to the great Dalit leaders. The entire structure of this memorial is constructed using red sandstone imported from Rajasthan.
- The Clock Tower of Lucknow is hearted between the Bara Imambara and Hussainabad Imambara. This large tower was built by Nawab Nasir-Ud-Din Haider in 1880. It is one of the biggest clock towers in India with a height of 221 ft.
Capital City Of Uttar Pradesh Lucknow is also famous for film shooting. Some of these are the Junoon, Umrao Jaan, Anwar, Gaman, Shatranj Ki Khiladi and in the movie Gadar: Ek Prem Katha Lucknow has been used to depict Pakistan.
Capital City Of Uttar Pradesh Lucknow some more tourist attractions are Kukrail Reserve Forest, Moosa Bagh, Katarnia Ghat, Nawabganj and Samaspur Bird Sanctuary, Khanqahe Kakori, Ram Krishna Math, Garison Church, State Legislative Assembly, St Joseph’s Cathedral, Swarn Jayonti Park, Globe Park, etc.
Tell your views The Capital City Of Uttar Pradesh Lucknow us in the comment section below we would like to hear from you and also tell more about Lucknow this will improve us to provide more information related to this article. And don’t forget to share this with your friends and family.